Sunday 17 June 2007

Reason for blog

This is the first entry in my writing blog. Oddly enough, I'm expecting this little distraction to help to keep me on track -- to help me avoid the evil that is procrastination. How, you might wonder? Won't this just distract me further? Well, I've made this blog my home page, so every time I switch on my computer my current word count for my novel will smack me in the face. That, right there, ought to be motivation enough to get off my butt, stop idly surfing and get writing.

However, I'm known for my stubborness, so to further prompt me along, I've included links, rss-feeds for writing podcasts (I adore those things, and the blessed people who create them), and other people's novels to remind me of why I'm writing.

So, on that note, I shall post my first blog note and toddle off sure in the knowledge that not only will this help to keep me on track to write more, but also to read more. Let's see how I go.

1 comment:

Marathon Mama said...

Dear Caroline,
Susan Vaught saw your post about Trigger and was both touched and impressed by your writing. As Susan's editor, I agree on both counts. When it's done, feel free to consider sending your manuscript to my gmail for consideration. (how's that for motivation!)
Best wishes,
Victoria