Tuesday 22 December 2009

WoTD: collude

Definition: to act in concert; to conspire; to plot.

"How did you get it done?"
"I had help."
"From the big guns?"
"Maybe."
"I wouldn't say maybe. I'd say definately. You don't get this kind of thing done in two days unless you've had help. Big help. This reeks of some serious conspiring."
"Maybe."
"Who'd you collude with? No way did you organise this on your own. It was Sheena, wasn't it? She's well connected. She could get this done."
"I'm not saying."
"You don't need to. I'll figure it out. You're not that smart."

1 comment:

Emily said...

I imagine this to be an interrogation, between law enforcement and the unlucky guy they caught. Love the dialogue-only style--there's a rhythm here. And the usage sounds natural to me! Collude sounds smart, like a captor would have to be.