Sunday 1 July 2007

I'm not writing... why!?

It's Sunday morning and I have a whole (well, mostly) day to write. Yet, here I am updating my blog with titles from my bookshelf (yes, it's procrastination, but it's something I have wanted to do since I set up my blog... see, I can even justify this to myself!), wondering when my brother will come around to fix my car (so I can chatter with him and his mate), eyeing the kitchen and wondering if I should do some cooking/cleaning/eating, looking at Paddy and his sorrowful (take me walkies) face, figuring that the heating is on far too high cos I'm overly warm and really need to get out of my pyjamas and into something half decent... but most of all I NEED TO WRITE!

So, why aren't I?

I haven't written in almost a week. Or does it just feel that long? No, I think it is actually that long. And writing is like diving into a cold swimming pool when you haven't been swimming for quite some time. It takes some courage, and the initial immersion is a shock. There is truth in the advice of writing everyday, except I suck at that.

Okay, now it's almost 11am. Enough procrastination. I'm going to get dressed and get serious. I'll check in later with my revised word count... or tales of how I procrastinated the WHOLE day away!

No comments: